Selected Books and Publications
- Hickman, Clark and Sherman, Helene, ( 2019), Learning Mathematics Successfully: Raising Self-Efficacy in Students, Teachers and Parents, Information Age Publishing, North Carolina.
- Sherman, H.J., Richardson, L.I., & Yard, G. (2014) Teaching learners who struggle with Mathematics: A systematic approach to diagnosis and remediation. Waveland Press.
- Fennel, S., Sherman, H., Shielack, J., Milou, E., Johnson, A., digits: A Middle School Interactive Math Curriculum. Pearson Education. 2012.
- Sherman, H.J., Richardson, L.I., & Yard, G. (2009). Teaching learners who struggle with Mathematics: A systematic approach to diagnosis and instruction, (Second Edition) Pearson Education, Inc.
- Sherman, H.J., Richardson, L.I., & Yard, G. (2005). Teaching children who struggle with Mathematics: A systematic approach to diagnosis and instruction, Pearson Education, Inc.
- Sherman, H. J. (Mathematics Consultant) Suiter, M. and McCorkcle, Sarapage (2001). Money Math, The curators of the University of Missouri-St. Louis
- Yang, C., Sherman, H., & Murdickk, N. (Fall, 2011). Error Patter Analysis of Elementary School Aged Students with Limited English Proficiency. Investigations in Mathematics Learning, 4, (1).
- Sherman, H.J. & Catapano S. (Fall, 2011).After-School Elementary School Mathematics Club:Enhancing Achievement and Encouraging Future Teachers. Educational Research Quarterly, 35 (1).
- Sherman, H. J. & Ding, C. (2008). Linking Teacher Education Preparation to Assessment of Student Achievement, Teaching and Learning. The Journal of Natural Inquiry and Reflective Process, Vol. 23, pp. 6 – 13.
- Scordias, M., Hoagland, C., Morris, P., Sherman, H. &Turley, S., (2007). Virtual Classroom Visits. In C. Crawford et al. (Eds.) Proceedings of Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education International Conference 2007 (pp. 1677-1684). Chesapeake, BA: AACE.
- Sherman, H. (2007). . Sizing up the metric system. Reprinted in St. Louis Confluence, 3, (1), p.17 –19.
- Sherman, H. (2007). . Sizing up the metric system. Reprinted in Ontario Mathematics Gazette, 45, (3) p. 29-32.
- Ding, C, Sherman H. (2006.) Teaching Effectiveness And Student Achievement: Examining the Relationship. Educational Research Quarterly. 29 (4) .39-49.
- Sherman, H. (2004). Reinforcing Place Value. St. Louis Confluence, Teaching Mathematics Better, Journal of the Mathematics Educators of Greater St. Louis. ( 1), 32-35.
- Sherman, H. J. (2004). Sizing up the metric system. Stepping Up to Science and Math. Arlington Press: NSTA Press.
- Sherman, H. & Randolph, T. (2004). Area and perimeter, which is which and how do I know? Education Research Quarterly), 9 (3), 25-36.